Beef New York Strip Steak with Horseradish Butter
By MiNDFOOD Magazine
- 1 pack of Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steak
- 1.5oz butter, softened
- 1 tsp baby salted capers, rinsed, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp horseradish, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ baguette, sliced diagonally
- 1 radicchio, cut into wedges
- 1 green endives, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pinenuts, toasted
- ¼ cup parmesan, shaved
Combine butter, capers, horseradish, and tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper and roll into a log. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Preheat a chargrill or pan on high. Rub steak with oil and season. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium-rare or as desired. Rest on a plate, foil covered, for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush bread slices with oil, cook on each side until lightly charred. Add radicchio and endive and cook until lightly charred.
Arrange radicchio, endive, and bread slices on serving plates. Drizzle with remaining oil and balsamic. Sprinkle with pinenuts and parmesan. Place steak (sliced) on serving plates and top with a slice of horseradish butter. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Mindfood.com